Grandma Billie’s Moist Chocolate Zucchini Cake has been a staple at birthday parties and potlucks for years. Many is the time we’ve enjoyed the look of surprise on someone’s face when we tell them the sweet and moist cake they are enjoying has zucchini in it.
However, Grandma’s recipe also included lots of sugar and dairy. So this summer, Marlys decided to create a dairy free, refined sugar free version of the moist chocolate zucchini cake we all love.
We think you’ll agree that it’s the perfect way to use up an extra zucchini or two.
Marlys' Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Cake
dairy free, refined sugar free version of a family favorite
- 3/4 cup coconut oil room temperature
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups zucchini grated
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips vegan
- Mix together oil, honey, and sugar.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until mixture becomes creamy and lightens in color.
- Add oat milk and all dry ingredients. Mix until well incorporated.
- Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Bake in 13" x 9" or 9" round pan at 350° for about 45 minutes.