No one will ever know there’s zucchini in this cake! Especially if you top it with powdered sugar or chocolate frosting. It’s deliciously moist, thanks to the zucchini. And delightfully chocolatey, thanks to the chocolate chips.
(For a healthier take on chocolate zucchini cake, check out Marlys’ revised recipe for this family favorite.)
Grandma Billie's Moist Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- ½ c. butter
- ½ c. oil
- 1¾ c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- ½ c. sour milk
Sift together then add to creamed mix:
- 2½ c flour
- 4 T. cocoa
- 1 t. soda
- ½ t. salt
- ½ t. cloves optional
- ½ t. cinnamon optional
- 2 cups finely grated zucchini
- ½ to 1 c. chocolate chips
- ½ c. chopped nuts optional
- Bake in greased and floured 13" x 9" pan at 325° for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve warm. Or cool completely and top with powdered sugar or frosting, if desired.