a Mexican zucchini side dish
- 3 zucchini or summer squash cut into rounds
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. bacon fat optional—otherwise double butter
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 ears fresh corn cut from cob
- 1 bell pepper and 2 Anaheim peppers seeded and chopped
- 4 tomatoes peeled if desired, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Sauté zucchini in butter and fat until slightly browned.
- Add onions and peppers, sautéing briefly.
- Add tomatoes and corn. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Uncover, cook until juice is reduced—about 15 minutes more—stirring often.