Braised Winter Squash
- 2 lbs. Winter squash peeled and sliced into ⅔ inch chunks
- 2 T. butter
- 2 c. apple cider
- 1 tsp. salt
- Rosemary and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in skillet with rosemary.
- Add the squash, salt, and cider (add additional cider or water as necessary to cover the squash).
- Bring to a boil and braise for 20 minutes or until tender.
- At this point the juice should be reduced to a glaze. If not, raise heat for a few minutes until excess liquid evaporates.
- Add pepper and a splash of balsamic vinegar, if desired.