Onion Rings & Fried Zucchini
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt or more
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk plus 2 Tablespoons (add more if necessary—but it’s better to start out with your batter too thick and have to add a bit more milk: the thicker the batter the better it sticks to the vegetables)
- 2 large onions
- 2 zucchini
- Heat an inch or two of oil in a deep pan.
- Slice sweet onions or zucchini to desired thickness, separating onions into rings.
- Dip in batter until well covered. Let excess batter drip off before dropping into hot oil.
- Turn with a fork when the bottom side is golden brown. When golden on both sides, remove with tongs or slotted spoon and let drain on a paper towel.
- Salt as desired and enjoy!