We’ve been enjoying a yummy cold salad lately: Asian Salad with Bok Choy or Napa Cabbage. It’s simple and refreshing. And it doesn’t heat up the house!
I pre-cook a few chicken breasts in soy sauce in my cast iron skillet. I chop the chicken into bite size pieces and refrigerate it until I’m ready to serve the salad.
Then it takes just a few minutes to wash and chop the Bok Choy or Napa Cabbage, toss it with the chicken pieces, sesame seeds, and a natural sesame oil dressing I picked up at Costco. A bit of fresh ground pepper to taste and it’s ready to eat.
- diced chicken pieces cooked in soy sauce and chilled
- Bok Choy or Napa Cabbage chopped into bite size pieces
- sesame seeds or sliced almonds
- chopped cilantro optional
- salt and pepper
make your own dressing:
- or use any Asian vinaigrette dressing:
- sesame oil
- soy sauce or molasses and Balsamic vinegar
- brown rice vinegar
- apple cider vinegar
- garlic and ginger optional
- Toss to taste. Serve immediately.