Spicy Apple-Filled Winter Squash
- 1 Acorn or Buttercup squash
- 1 Golden Delicious apple peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 tsp. melted butter
- 2 tsp. packed brown sugar
- ⅛ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cloves
- Bake Squash
- Heat oven to 350.
- Halve squash and remove seeds.
- Place in small, greased baking dish.
- Bake 35 minutes.
- Fill Squash
- In a small bowl, combine apples, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Cut baked squash halves in two.
- Top squash pieces with apple mixture.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes more or until apples are tender.