That spring sunshine has been tantalizing me with its promises of warmth. I’ve been digging in the flower beds, poking in my herb garden. But come dinner time, it usually feels a bit more like the winter we’ve just left behind, and we’re in the mood for a meal to warm the insides.
Ham, Rice, and Winter Squash Casserole
- 3 c. cooked mashed winter squash
- 1 c. diced ham
- 3 c. cooked rice
- ¼ c. orange juice concentrate
- curry powder
- Spread cooked, mashed winter squash in the bottom of a 13x9 pan.
- Sauté chopped onions, minced garlic, and diced carrots in butter.
- Mix sautéed vegetables with ham, rice, orange juice, and spices (to taste).
- Spoon over pan of squash.
- Bake at 350 until warm and bubbly.