Blue Ballet Squash Pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground allspice
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Blue Ballet winter squash cooked and pureed
- 3 T. Maple Syrup or Molasses
- 3 T. milk or buttermilk
- 1 T. unsalted butter melted
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, allspice, and cinnamon together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat the egg in a separate bowl, add the squash puree, maple syrup or molasses, milk, and butter.
- Blend in the dry ingredients to form a smooth batter.
- To make each pancake, spoon a heaping tablespoon of batter onto a lightly greased preheated griddle, flatten with a spoon to about ½ inch thickness, and cook until the bottom side is golden brown (3-4 minutes).
- Turn and cook on the other side until golden brown (approx. 5 minutes longer).
- Grease griddle as needed to prevent burning.
- Serve immediately.