Acorn Squash Soup
- 1 small onion
- ¼ c. chopped celery
- 2 T. butter
- 2 T. flour
- 1 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
- ½ tsp. dill weed
- ¼ tsp. curry powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1½ c. milk
- 3 c. cooked mashed acorn squash
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- Sauté the onion and celery in the butter.
- Stir in flour, bouillon, dill, curry and cayenne.
- Gradually add broth and milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the squash, salt, and pepper; heat through.
- In a blender, process the soup in batches until smooth.
- Pour into bowls; garnish with bacon.